Sunday, May 23, 2010

the silence of the lambs....

One thing that is going to give me a lot of flack is the next sentence...

I am getting a bit tired of gay rights activism... I can see the appeal and the reasoning behind it... but it seems to be going no-where.

I understand a lot has changed in the last 15-20 yrs... but everything has.

I am all for equal rights... but im not sure if the whole gay community know what this means...if we have equal rights.. we are no longer considered a 'unique community'.

If we got equal rights.. the mardi gras and pride festivals should be cancelled... there is nothing anymore to celebrate - we are no longer a part of a unique diverse community - we are the same as everyone else.

Or if they keep the pride festivals - does that mean they are allowed to have a straight pride festival ?? I highly doubt it.

Yes i want the right to marry who I want to - and to be able to feel un judged when I walk down the street with my partner hand in hand.

but this seems a long way off... and I'm ok with that.

I would like to apologise to Aaron in advance for this cos i know he is gonna hate this post... LOL..

No comments:

Post a Comment